I wasn’t tagged to do this by anyone, but I saw Jessethereader do it on YouTube and I couldn’t resist.
1. An author that you’d like to read that you’ve never read before.
Robin Talley – I’ve heard such amazing things about all of Robin Talley’s books, so I’m really hoping that I’ll be able to pick up at least one of her books at some point this year.
2. A book you’d like to read.
Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh is a book that I’ve been meaning to pick up for years, and I finally got my hands on a copy. I can’t wait to pick this one up very soon, because I already know I’m going to love it so much.
3. A classic you’d like to read.
I’ve owned Wuthering Heights for almost ten years and haven’t yet gotten around to it, which is so sad in so many ways. This book is a part of a list of 12 classics that I made it a goal to get through in 2017, and you can see the full list here.
4. A book you’d like to reread.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I’ve read this book twice since it first came out, but it’s been almost two years since I read it last, so it’s definitely time for a reread.
5. A book you’ve had for ages and want to read. The Bronze Horseman by Paulina Simons is a book that I’ve been meaning to read for almost two years, but for some reason it’s never quite made it off my shelf. I don’t really know why I haven’t picked this one up yet, but I’m hoping that I’ll be able to pick this book up soon.
6. A big book you’d like to read.
I am Radar by Reif Larsen. I don’t know a lot about this book, but my neighbor gave it to me, and she’s never given me a book that I haven’t loved. This one is nearly 700 pages, so it definitely counts as big, and I’m hoping I’ll be able to pick it up at some point this year.
7. An author you’ve read in the pas who you’d like to read more from.
Marie Lu – I’ve read the Legend trilogy, and it’s one of my favorite trilogies of all time. I haven’t yet picked up The Young Elites, and the first book in the Warcross series is going to be coming out later this year, so I definitely want to pick up more of her books this year.
8. A book you got for Christmas you want to read.
The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters. I read The Cure for Dreaming last year, and it quickly became one of my favorite books of all time, so I’m really happy that I’m finally able to pick up some more of her books this year.
9. A series you want to read from start to finish.
The Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin. This series is a part of a list of books that I made it a goal for myself to finish this year. You can read the full list here.
10. A series you’ve already started that you’d like to finish.
The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. I only own The Raven Boys, so I haven’t been able to pick up the rest of the series since I read the first book. I’m hoping I’ll be able to pick up the rest of this series some time this year.
11. How many books do you want to read in 2017?
My Goodreads goal is currently set for 104 books, so that’s what I’m aiming for.
12. Do you have any other reading goals?
As I said in my last discussion post, one of my main priorities for my reading this year is to read more diversely. I’m quite happy to say that so far I think I’m meeting my goal for this. My other two goals are to read more 2017 releases, and to not rush through books as much, but really savor them and enjoy them.
Since I wasn’t tagged by anyone to do this, I’m not going to tag anyone. However, if you want to do it, I’d love to see other people’s responses, so go for it!